The ENAiKOON fuel-level sensor is the solution for monitoring the fuel level and the fuel consumption of trucks.
The sensor works independent of the vehicle electronics. Therefore, it can detect and report a fuel theft in real-time and send an alert even when the vehicle has been switched off.
On top, it allows real-time monitoring and calculation of the mileage remaining based on the content of the fuel tank.
The temperature sensor built into the fuel-level sensor allows compensation of fuel-level changes when changes of the ambient temperature occur for avoiding temperature related false alarms.
Different from many other fuel-level sensors, mounting the ENAiKOON fuel-level sensor is simple and does not require any modification to the tank: no drilling or screwing into the tank (creating irreversible damage to the tank). You don’t even need to drain the fuel to install the sensor!
This means, that no problems can occur regarding the state issued operating licence, the terms of guarantee, the rules of the truck leasing company etc.
The fuel-level sensor consists of a stethoscope like ultrasonic sensor which will be glued underneath the tank, highly specialized electronics for improving the metering information and a connection cable for connecting the sensor to the ENAiKOON locate-04 or ENAiKOON locate-06.
All components include special sensors that allow detecting tampering of the sensor or the electronics immediately as well as disconnection from the vehicle battery.
All data provided by the sensor will be forwarded to the ENAiKOON web portal (inViu pro) for further examination of the data, alerting, reporting etc.
In the field
Trucks, large and small construction machines, agricultural machines, generators, storage tanks etc.
- quick and easy installation: the sensor gets glued to the bottom of the tank from outside.
- no modification of the tank is required.
- no direct contact with the fuel inside the tank.
- draining the fuel tank is not required.
- no modification of the vehicle electronics is required except connection to the main battery.
- no calibration of the sensor is required.
- separators in larger fuel tanks with multiple chambers can be detected during installation for optimal positioning of the fuel-level sensor.
- up to 16 sensors can be connected to a single telematics device.
- the measured volume of multiple tanks can be aggregated into one total volume.
- temperature compensation of the sensor information.
- water in the tank does not affect the metering of the fuel level.
- high accuracy of 0.1% even in difficult situations like serious sloshing of the liquid or some inclination of the vehicle.
- sensor and all connectors are water proof
- can be used with all different types of liquid fuels
- very low power consumption
- all electronics components contain a rechargeable battery, which allows alerting even if the unit has been disconnected from the vehicle battery
- enclosed in a robust aluminium housing.
- suitable for different types of tank material: aluminium, steel, plastics etc.
- suitable for different shapes of tanks: cubic, cylindrical, conic etc.
- high accuracy of 0.1% (≙ 1 l at a 1000 l fuel tank)
- maximum tank height: 100 cm
- minimum tank height: 4 cm
- absolute accuracy: 4 mm
(for standard diesel at 25 °C)
- relative accuracy: 1 mm
(for standard diesel at 25 °C)
- resolution: 0,25 mm
- max. inclination angle: 6° (10,5%)
- external power supply: 6 V to 31 V
- internal battery: 3.7 V, 950 mAh
- operations with internal battery only: 16 days @ 950 mAh
- the internal batteries can be charged between 0 °C and 50 °C
- sensor electronics unit dimensions: 104 x 107 x 37 mm (without connectors)
- sensor dimensions: height: 20 mm, diameter: 40 mm
- sensor cable length: 7 m